6. Information on Bowe Bergdahl.(date captured-where held-who is holding him, etc.)Google it.
7. Information/Statistics on Missing in Action (Use DPMO website for current government numbers) www.dtic.mil/dpmo/
Action you take:
1. Dial the Washington D.C. office telephone number of the Representative.
2. Ask the receptionist for the name of the staff member that handles Military/Defense/POW/MIA/Veteran legislation for the Representative. After receiving the answer(write it down) ask to be connected to the Staff member. (if they are not in - ask for their email and mobile phone). Upon connecting to the Staffer, introduce yourself and the National Organization you are representing -HONOR-RELEASE-RETURN, Inc.(note – we are a National Organization so you do not have to be from their ‘district’ to ask for their sponsorship.) Ask the staffer some ice breaker questions, How long have you been with the Representative?, Have you work with other Reps prior? Did you serve in the military? Have a family? Are you responsible for advising the Rep. on Armed Services/Military Legislative issues?
3. Ask the staffer if they know the name, Bowe Bergdahl. Educate them.
4. Ask the staffer if they know how many American Service members are still Un-Accounted for since WWII. Educate them.
5. Introduce the staffer to H.Res.231 & H.Res.286. use your own words to explain the importance of each one.
6. Ask the staffer if they will advise their Representative to become co-sponsors of these two resolutions.
Supply the staffer with person they need to contact for each resolution to confirm their representative support: